June 8, 2021
Via Zoom - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89093905788
Needham, MA 02492
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
To listen and view this virtual meeting on a phone, computer, laptop, or tablet, download the “Zoom Cloud Meeting” app in any app store or at www.zoom.us. At the above date and time, click on “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting or click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89093905788
Or One tap mobile : US: +13017158592,,89093905788# or +13126266799,,89093905788#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 Webinar ID: 890 9390 5788
Affordable Housing Trust Meeting will be held as a separate meeting at 6:00 p.m.
1. 6:30 Proclamation in Honor of George Yered
2. 6:30 Park & Recreation Summer Update
• Cindy Chaston, Chair, Park & Recreation Commission
• Chris Gerstel, Vice-Chair, Park & Recreation Commission
• Stacey Mulroy, Director of Park & Recreation
3. 6:45 Policing Recommendations Update
• John Schlittler, Chief of Police
4. 7:15 Town Manager
• Remote Participation by Members of Public Bodies
• July 4th Parade Update
• On-line Bill Payment Options
• Reservoir Path Naming
• Off-premises Sale of Alcohol
• Town Manager Report
5. 7:40 Board Discussion
• June 22, 2021 Meeting
• NUARI Update
• Committee Reports
1. Approve a request from the Exchange Club of Needham to sponsor the 4th of July parade which will begin at 9:00AM and finish by 11:30AM. Event has been approved by Police, Fire, and Health Department.
2. Approve a request from Julie Richmond of the Charles River YMCA, who has submitted a Road Event form, to hold its “Charles River Annual Independence Day 5K Run” on Monday, July 5, 2021 from 8:00AM to 9:00AM The route has been approved by the following departments, DPW, Police, Fire and Park and Recreation.
3. Vote to extend the authorization granted to the Town Manager by its votes of June 9, September 22, and November 10, 2020 to grant all local approvals necessary to allow existing local businesses to utilize outdoor seating in parking lots, on-street parking spaces, sidewalks, landscaped yard areas or other appropriate locations to provide more space to serve patrons from sixty days after the Governor’s Declaration of Emergency is rescinded to October 31, 2021 or such later date as may be approved by the Massachusetts Legislature, such authorization to remain subject to all the terms and conditions stated in the Board’s original vote.
4. Approve minutes of May 19, 2021 and May 25, 2021
5 Approve a Special One Day Wines & Malt Beverages Only License for Lindsay Martin, of Needham Pool & Racquet Club to host a New Member Reception on Friday, June 11, 2021 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The event will be held at Needham Pool & Racquet Club, 1550 Central Avenue, Needham, pending Police approval.
6. Grant permission for the following residents to hold block parties:
Name Address Party Location Party
Rain Date Party
Sean Finnegan 41 Mellen Street Mellen Street 6/12/21 6/13/21 2pm-10pm
Celia Carboni 42 Greenwood Ave Greenwood Ave 7/17/21 7/18/21 2pm-9pm
Date and time Posted:
Friday, June 4, 2021