SELECT BOARD Meeting Agenda
6:30 p.m. May 25, 2021
Under Governor Baker’s emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law G.L. c. 30A, S20”, issued March 12, 2020 and in effect until termination of the emergency, meetings of public bodies may be conducted virtually provided that adequate access is provided to the public.
To listen and view this virtual meeting on a phone, computer, laptop, or tablet, download the “Zoom Cloud Meeting” app in any app store or at www.zoom.us. At the above date and time, click on “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting or click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83143388012. Or One tap mobile :
US: +13126266799,,83143388012# or +16465588656,,83143388012#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 831 4338 8012
1. 6:30 June is Pride Month Proclamation
2. 6:30 Hearing: Change of Manager – Bertucci’s Restaurant
• Charles Franklin, Proposed Manager
3. 6:45 Needham Council for Arts & Culture Update
• Amy Haelsen, Economic Development Manager
• Charly Nanda, Chair NCAC
4. 7:00 Communications Update
• Cyndi Roy Gonzalez, Public Information Officer
5. 7:15 Expiration of State of Emergency
• Katie King, Assistant Town Manager/Director of Operations
6. 7:45 Town Manager
• Town Manager Report
7. 8:00 Board Discussion
• Alcohol Licensing
• Committee Reports
1. Approve a proclamation declaring June 2021 as Pride Month in the Town of Needham.
2. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund: $300 from Needham Council for Arts & Culture and $35 from Edward & Carol De Lemos.
3. Accept the following donation made to the Needham Aging Services Donation Account: $16,023.95 from Friends of the Center at the Heights.
4. Accept the following donation made to the Needham Park & Recreation Department for the Arts in the Parks and the Children’s Theatre Summer Series: $600.00 from Louise Condon Realty.
5.* Approve a request from Ronit Velde, who has submitted a Road Event form, to hold its “Needham 5K Your Way – Girls on the Run 5K Run/Walk” on Sunday, June 6, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Approvals for the route are pending from the DPW, Police, and Park and Recreation. Fire Department has approved.
6.* Approve a request from Aaron Sicotte, who has submitted a Road Event form, to hold its “NHS Class of 2021 Car Parade” on Saturday, June 5, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Approvals for the route are pending from the DPW, Police, Fire and Park and Recreation Departments.
7.* Approve request from Jennifer Kenneway, who has submitted a Road Event form, for a walk to benefit Children’s Hospital. The walk is not an organized event, participants are to walk their own routes at their leisure – all on June 13, 2021. Police have approved.
8.* Approve application for Change of Corporate Name for Blue on Highland. This application comes at the request of the ABCC to update the name on this alcohol license to be in line with its Massachusetts Corporation filings paperwork.
9.* Approve and sign Water & Sewer Abatement #1306.
10.* Approve placement of Needham Community Farm sign at the Nike Site.
11.* Approve minutes of May 11, 2021.
12. Grant permission for the following residents to hold block parties:
Susan Benzie 18 Hollow Ridge Rd Hollow Ridge Rd date: 6/12/21 rain date: 6/19/21 4pm-10pm
Support Services Manager
Office of the Town Manager/Select Board
TOWN OF NEEDHAM
(781) 455-7500 x204
Received & Posted with the Town Clerk's Office: May 21, 2021 @ 2:52 PM