Using a library card issued by any of the member libraries of the Minuteman Library Network, patrons can check out materials at the Circulation Desk or at either of the Self-Checkout stations located at the Circulation Desk or in the Children's Room.
- Click here for information on how to get a library card (PDF).
- To apply for a library card online, please click here.
In order to check out library materials, patrons must present
- a valid Minuteman Library card, OR
- an electronic scan of the library card's barcode, OR
- other positive identification (driver's license, student ID, state ID card, passport, utility bill.)
When issuing a library card to a patron who is unable to verify his/her address, the library will allow patron to check out two items and will then mail the library card to the person.
If a patron is picking up a reserved item and does not have the library card under which the hold was placed with him/her, the following courses of action are offered:
- Check out the hold, if the patron presents the email (electronic or print format) that announces the item is available for pickup
- Call the requesting patron for verbal authorization for patron to pick up reserved item
- Use the established permission-granting system
- Museum passes See Museum Pass policy
- Non-Minuteman Library Network item Specified by lending library
- All other items 3 weeks
- Museum Passes $ 5.00 per day
- Non-Minuteman Library Network items $ 1.00 per day
- Museum Passes $ 25.00
- Non-MLN items $ 50.00
- Non-pick-up of requested non-MLN items $ 5.00
- Missing AV case $ 2.00
- Missing Playaway battery cover $ 1.00
- Microfilm/Microfiche printing $0.15 per page
- Wireless printing $0.15 per page
- Missing barcode $2.00
Most library materials may be renewed twice. The following may not be renewed: Museum Passes and materials for which holds have been placed, as well as Non-Minuteman Library Network Inter-Library Loan materials. There is no limit on the number of times a rental item may be renewed, as long as the rental fee is paid at each renewal.
If a patron is picking up a requested item and does not have the library card under which the hold was placed with him/her, the following courses of action are offered:
1. Check out the hold, if the patron presents the email (electronic or print format) that announces the item is available for pickup
2. Call the requesting patron for verbal authorization for patron to pick up reserved item
3. Use the established permission-granting system
a. Written permission slips
b. Pop-up message in patron record
Patrons may request that items be borrowed through the inter-library loan/network transfer system of the Minuteman Library Network and the State Regional Library System. This service is subject to Minuteman Network and Regional Library System guidelines. If an item cannot be obtained from these sources and the patron is willing to pay the charges that occur when borrowing items from out-of-state sources, the library will request the item for the patron. Charges must be paid by check at the time the item is requested.
Lost or Damaged Items
Patrons will be charged the full price for lost, damaged or missing items. The library will not make refunds when lost and paid items are found by borrowers. Borrower may replace item, rather than pay for it)