Using a library card issued by any of the member libraries of the Minuteman Library Network, patrons can check out materials at the Circulation Desk or at either of the Self-Checkout stations located at the Circulation Desk or in the Children's Room.
- Click here for information on how to get a library card (PDF).
- To apply for a library card online, please click here.
In order to check out library materials, patrons must present
- a valid Minuteman Library card, OR
- an electronic scan of the library card's barcode, OR
- other positive identification (driver's license, student ID, state ID card, passport.)
If a patron is picking up a reserved item and does not have the library card under which the hold was placed with him/her, the following courses of action are offered:
- Check out the hold, if the patron presents the email (electronic or print format) that announces the item is available for pickup
- Call the requesting patron for verbal authorization for patron to pick up reserved item
- Use the established permission-granting system
- Friends' Rental items ($1.00 for one week) 1 week
- Museum passes See Museum Pass policy
- Non-Minuteman Library Network item Specified by lending library
- All other items 3 weeks
- All materials except Friends Rentals', Museum Passes, and Non-Minuteman Library Network items $ 0.10 per day
- Friends' Rental items (books and DVDs) $ 0.25 per day
- Museum Passes $ 5.00 per day
- Non-Minuteman Library Network items $ 1.00 per day
- All items except Museum Passes $ 5.00
- Museum Passes $ 25.00
- Non-MLN items $ 50.00
- Non-pick-up of requested non-MLN items $ 5.00
- Missing AV case $ 2.00
- Missing Playaway battery cover $ 1.00
Most library materials may be renewed twice. The following may not be renewed: Museum Passes and materials for which holds have been placed. There is no limit on the number of times a rental item may be renewed, as long as the rental fee is paid at each renewal.
Patrons may place holds on all circulating library materials except rental books.
Patrons may request that items be borrowed through the inter-library loan (network transfer system) of the Minuteman Library Network and the State Library System. This service is subject to Minuteman Library Network and State Library System guidelines.
Lost or Damaged Items
Patrons will be charged the full price for lost, damaged or missing items. The library will not make refunds when lost and paid items are found by borrowers.