Ebooks, Digital Audiobooks, and Magazines, and Videos
Downloading Ebooks, Digital Audiobooks, Magazines, and Videos
The Needham Free Public Library has several electronic resources for ebooks, digital audiobooks, magazines, comics, music, movies, and television shows.
- Overdrive/ Libby: ebooks, digital audiobooks, magazines, streaming videos
- Hoopla: ebooks, digital audiobooks, comics, movies, television shows, music
- RB Digital: digital magazines
- Kanopy: streaming videos
To get started with these services you only need your library card number and password/PIN.
Libby by Overdrive:
Libby is OverDrive's new app for iOS, and Android devices. It is recommended that you use the new Libby app if you have an iOS or Android device. You can also access digital magazines through Libby. To access streaming videos use a web browser or the original Overdrive app.
Instructions for Libby:
Instructions for Overdrive:
- Overdrive: Borrow ebooks and audiobooks for Kindle (PDF)
- Overdrive: Borrow ebooks and audiobooks for other devices (PDF)
- Overdrive: Getting started with streaming video (PDF)
The Hoopla app may be used on iOS, Android, Kindle, Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Amazon's Alexa, Fire TV, and Apple TV. Download the Hoopla app for the app store. Over 500,000 items are available instantly!
Instructions for Hoopla:
The RB Digital app may be used on iOS, Android, and Kindle devices. Get unlimited digital access to your favorite magazines!
Instructions for RB Digital:
An on-demand streaming video service that offers thousands of award-winning documentaries, training films and theatrical releases across diverse subjects and disciplines. Kanopy provides access to films and documentaries from a variety of independent filmmakers and distributors, including the BBC, PBS and the Criterion Collection
The OverDrive/Libby service is funded by:
1. The library's State Aid Account (basic subscription)
2. The Library Foundation of Needham (extra added copies to fill reserves)
Contact the Reference Desk for help using any of the library's digital resources. Stop by, call 781-455-7559 ext 2 or email the Reference Desk.