Helpful Websites on Substance Abuse
- Office of National Drug Control Policy website - The official White House website on drug use and abuse and the criminal justice system
- Drug information and facts, education materials, curriculum guides, classroom tools, more
- Alcohol use screening tool
Sobriety & Abstinence Group Meetings
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Official website outlining the Alcoholics Anonymous mission of fellowship for men and women to support each other in their goal to stay sober and help others achieve sobriety
- Massachusetts Chapter - 617-426-9444
- Narcotics Anonymous - Official website outlining the Narcotics Anonymous mission of fellowship for men and women to support each other in their goal to stay drug-free
- Phone: 866-624-3578
- Faulkner Hospital - Addiction Recovery Groups: Early Recovery and Relapse Prevention.
- Jamaica Plain - 617-983-7908
Addiction Recovery Management Services (ARMS) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
The ARMS supports youth and young adults, ages 15-25 (and their families) who are engaged in substance
Support Groups for Family Members of People Struggling with Substance Abuse
- ALANON / ALATEEN Local Group Meetings - Official website outlining the Alanon mission of learning the facts about alcoholism as an illness and how it has impacted their lives physically and emotionally.
- Faulkner Hospital - Adult Children of Alcoholic / Self Esteem
- Jamaica Plain - 617-983-7908
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Referral Helpline - Referral agency for substance abuse support services: Inpatient, outpatient, and residential programs; along with self-help and family group meeting 1-800-327-5050 or 617-292-5065
- Samaritan's Suicide Prevention Hotline - 617-247-0220
- Rape Crisis Hotline - 1-800-870-5905
- Battered Women's Hotline - 1-800-899-4000
- GLBT National Hotline - 888-843-4564 (Gay. Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender) or GLBT National Help Center
Counseling Support Services - Outpatient Substance Abuse
- The Hallowell
Center,specializes in diagnosing and treating cognitive and emotional conditions that prevent people from achieving their maximum potential; treating both children and adults. Call 781-726-6698 or fax 781-726-6725 for more information.
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Associates - Wellesley - Youth, Adults, and Families - Multi-disciplinary Mental Health Services including individual counseling and psychopharmacology. Suite A: 781-239-350, Suite B: 781-239-1093, Suite C: 781-489-2300
- Dana Group - Needham Youth and Adults - Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Individual and group counseling for anxiety, depression, stress, and neuropsychological assessments.
For intake contact Bob Maron - 781-449-1143
- Genesis - Framingham Youth and Adults - Substance Abuse
Individual counseling, primarily substance abuse educational
three weekprogram, ongoing substance treatment groups, DUI Level 1 and 2 approved programs, BCBS PPO only, all state insurances groups not covered $35 per session. Accepts MassHealth, BCBS PPO Only.
- Needham Psychotherapy Associates - Needham Youth and Adult - Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Individual counseling, mental health, anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Project Interface - Youth and Adult mental health services - a community resource and referral HELPLINE. Callers receive professional, personalized counseling referrals matched for location, specialty
andinsurance or fee requirements.
Available: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 617-332-3666 ext. 411
- Sameem Associates Newton Youth and Adult - Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Individual counseling, groups for alcohol and drugs.
Call 617-964-1060 to reach Intake Coordinators Matt Green (male clients) or Joan Green (female clients)
- Faulker Hospital Addiction Recovery Program - Substance abuse assessment, inpatient detoxification, partial outpatient treatment (full day and evening treatment) dual diagnosis outpatient day treatment, individual counseling, group counseling
andfamily support services
Karen Campbell - Outpatient 617- 983-7908 Inpatient Detox- 617-983-7000
- Riverside Community Care -
24 hourmobile psychiatric crisis evaluation and intervention 1-800-529-5077
- Riverside Community Care- Needham Youth and Adults -Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Individual counseling as well as psychopharmacology. Accepts private insurance or on a sliding scale. Contact: Intake Coordinator, Kelly Jarvis - 617-969-4925
- Newton Wellesley Hospital - 24 Hour Emergency Room Adolescent and Adult Psychiatric Services - 617-243-6193
- Caritas Norwood Hospital - 24 Hour Emergency Room Adolescent and Adult Psychiatric Services - 781-769-2950
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - 24 Hour General Crisis Care Emergency Room - 781-543-3000
- The Recovery Month websites
aimsto promote the societal benefits of alcohol and drug use disorder treatment, laud the contributions of treatment providers, and promote the message that recovery from alcohol and drug disorders in all its forms is possible.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment (SAMHSA) This searchable directory of drug and alcohol treatment programs shows the location of facilities locally and around the country that treat alcoholism, alcohol abuse, and drug abuse problems, including residential treatment centers, outpatient treatment programs, and hospital inpatient programs for drug addiction and alcoholism. Listings include treatment programs for marijuana, cocaine, and heroin addiction, as well as drug and alcohol treatment programs for adolescents and adults.