Installation of Septic System
- If you are constructing a new sewage disposal system you will need to complete the following:
- Soil Test Application (PDF) - The homeowner must sign this form even if a contractor is completing it.
- Application for sewage disposal system construction permit (must see Public Health Division, 178 Rosemary Street) - When the permit is issued, the system may be installed, but it may not be put into operation until a certificate of compliance is issued by the Public Health Division.
- Review applicability of Conservation Commission requirements.
Abandonment of Existing Septic System
You will need to complete the following forms to abandon an existing septic system:
Connecting to the Town Sewer System
- If you are connecting to the Town sewer system, you will need to contact the Sewer Division of the Department of Public Works, 500 Dedham Avenue, 1-781-455-7534.
- Complete the application (PDF) for connection with sewerage system - this must be completed and signed by property owner.
- Select a contractor from the list of approved contractors authorized to install connections in Needham.