Help Center
Go To Search
Click to Home
Youth Working Papers
Information on Working Permits for Youth
The law requires that young people under age 18 must obtain a working permit before starting a new job. Employment requirements differ according to age and are described below.

Working Papers for Youths Age 14 through 17

  • You must have a job offer from an employer.
  • Pick up an Employment Permit Application at Needham High School Main Office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. For further information, you may contact the office at 781-455-0800 ext. 22005. An application may also be obtained at the Needham Youth Services, located in Town Hall.
  • Employer must complete and sign the Promise of Employment section.
  • A physician must complete and sign the Physician’s Certificate of Health section for youth ages 14 and 15 only. If you are a student at Needham High School, you may skip this step because your health records are on file.
  • Take this completed form to the Main Office at Needham High School. You should bring with you proof of your age, such as a copy of your birth certificate, passport, or immigration record, in order to receive working papers from the Superintendent of Schools / Authorized Agent.
  • Minors who are 17 years of age, who can show documented proof of a high school diploma or the equivalent to the school official authorized to issue work permits, do not need a signed work permit, but still must complete this permit application.