Responsibilities & Goals
- Establishing policies and procedures for the coordination of Town government operations.
- Representing the interests of Town residents in business dealings, legal affairs, and intergovernmental cooperation with other municipal, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Making appointments to those Town Boards and Committees under its jurisdiction.
- Convening the Annual Town Meeting in May and any Special Town Meetings that may be required, and preparing the Warrant (listing of Articles) for Town Meeting consideration.
- Licensing all food and liquor establishments and transportation companies.
- Appointing the Town Manager and Town Counsel.
- Approving appointments recommended by the Town Manager for the positions of Assistant Town Manager / Finance, Assistant Town Manager / Personnel, Fire Chief, Police Chief, and Director of Public Works.
FY 2013 Goals