Help Center
Go To Search
Click to Home
**INTERIM** Mobile Food Vendor Permit
This information is a work in progress and may be subject to changes.
There are three departments involved in the permitting of Mobile Food Vendors:
          1.   Board of Selectmen (administration & final permit)
          2.   Health Department (inspection of vehicle)
          3.   Fire Department  (inspection of vehicle)

Mobile Food Vendors invited to serve at a private residence/party are not subject to permitting by the Board of Selectmen, Health Department or Fire Department - at this time.

Step 1:
Read the Board of Selectmen Mobile Food Vendor Policy to learn about the various options for Mobile Food Vendor permits.

     Currently, there are four types of Mobile Food Vendor Permits:
         1.  Public Right of Way (seasonal or one day on authorized public ways);
         2.  School Buildings, Parking Lots and Adjacent Fields (requires invitation by a person or
              organization with a valid permit to use the school parking lot or adjacent play
         3.  Public Parks and Adjacent Parking Lots by Invitation of Permitted Organizations
              (requires invitation by person or organization with a valid permit for use of the park or
              any portion thereof)
         4.  Public Parks and Adjacent Parking Lots by Direct Permit (managed through Office of
              the Town Manager for specific locations, as described on Appendix 4 of the
              Selectmen's Policy). 

Mobile Food Vendors having already secured a Seasonal permit within the current year may also apply for one day special event or Direct Permit.  The fee for permitting the additional days would be limited to the nominal application fee.  Additional inspections by or fees from the Health and Fire Departments would not apply.

Step 2.
Complete the online application which submits to the Board of Selectmen's office.  There are attachments that are required by the Selectmen, Health Department and Fire Department in order to complete the Mobile Food Vendor process.  These attachments can be uploaded at the time of form submission or sent electronically later to .  For questions, call (781) 455-7500 extension 204.

Step 3.
Contact the Board of Health to begin the application process for an inspection, which typically needs two weeks notice to schedule. Call (781) 455-7500 extension 262. 

The Health Department uses two different applications, depending on the type of Mobile Permit you seek:  Temporary Food Event Permit - for one day only events; and the Mobile Food Permit Plan Review - for seasonal or more than one day events.  

Step 4.
Download Fire Prevention Form FP-006 to complete and bring with you for Fire  Inspection.  Clearly state the type of fuel, number of tanks and pounds on the form.  Tanks that have not had an inspection within the last 12 months will require a Fire Department Inspection.

Contact the Fire Department for an inspection - this can arranged to be done at the same time as the Health Department Inspection.   Call (781) 455-7580.
Step 5.
Once you have received the permits from the Board of Health and Fire Department, please bring or send electronically to the Office of the Town Manager.  Your final permit is issued        from this office.