July 17, 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM @ Community RoomNeedham Public Library
Join Cici Hunt in this fun-filled music and movement class for children 2-5 years of age and their caretakers. Registration is required, with a maximum of 20 children and caregiver, and starts approximately two weeks before this event. Please sign up for only one session a month so that others may have an opportunity to participate in this program.Funding for Music Enrichment Programs provided by the Friends of the Needham Public Library.
July 18, 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Project VAN (Volunteers Around Needam) provides youth in gradees 8 - 12 with an opportunity to participate in one day community services programs at site such as the Needham Communioty Council, Needham Community Farm, and others. Program dates are: July 11, 13, 18,20,25, 27
Generously funded the the Community Council.
Learn more at www.needhamma.gov/youth/van
July 18, 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM @ Story Time RoomNeedham Free Public Library
Babies and Books for Children up to one year and their caregivers,will focus on a baby’s understanding of spatial relationships, language, communication and body movement. The program will consist of songs, lap games, rhythm and sensory activities and simple picture books. The program will also teach some baby sign language.
July 18, 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM @ Community Room
Needham Free Public Library
Who Is the Program For?
• For adventurous persons aged 10-13 who wish to explore the world of Middle Earth and its inhabitants.
• For Pollard students who wish to make a dent in their summer reading list and read with friends.
• For brave souls who will face dangers including trolls, goblins, wolves, enchanted rivers, spiders, and dragons.
• For learned folk who enjoy languages and the music of poetry.
How Do I Get Started?
• Have a parent register you online at http://bit.ly/2tjG0eP.
• Pick up a copy of The Hobbit at the Childrens and Adult Reference Desks.
How Do I Participate?
• Read the book (copies available behind the Reference Desks).
• Keep track of your reading in a Hobbit Journal (see the handout available at the library for suggestions on what to put in your journal).
• Attend all (or most) camp days at the library.
• Watch the daily online chapter lectures (optional).
July 18, 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM @ Craft RoomNeedham Free Public Library
Needham Free Public Library’s BLOCK PARTY!
For ages 5+
Our LEGOs, donated by many generous people, will remain in the library, and you are welcome to photograph your child's work.
July 19, 7:30 AM @ Charles River Room
COUNCIL OF ECONOMIC ADVISORS
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Charles River Room
Public Services Administration Building
500 Dedham Avenue
1. Approve minutes of June 7, 2017 meeting
2. Reminder next meeting date September 6th. There will be no CEA meeting in August; CEA meetings are normally scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month.
3. Update on Needham Crossing/ N2 Innovation District (signage)
4. Update on NBCUniversal Media Project
5. Update from Downtown Subcommittee (Streamlining initiatives; BOS on food carts)
6. Discussion of Industrial District Subcommittee (Public/PB meetings on rezoning)
7. Update on N2 Innovation Corridor
8. Update on Downtown events (Reimagine Needham update)
9. Update on Infrastructure Improvements in Needham Crossing, Downtown and Elliot/Central Avenue Bridge
10. Other Business
July 19, 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM @ Story Time RoomNeedham Free Public Library
Child’s Play is a drop-in program for children 0-2 years and their caregivers. The songs, rhymes, lap games and books in this program will promote rhythm, coordination and verbal skills in young children as well as bonding between child and caregiver.
July 19, 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM @ Community RoomNeedham Free Public Library
Enter the Construction Zone! Watch the “Three Little Pigs” work on their houses. See magic wishes build a cottage, a mansion and a castle! Come see favorite children’s stories with colorful hand puppets, lively humor and plenty of audience participation.This program is in support of this summer’s Build a Better World Summer Reading Program and is sponsored by the Friends of the Needham Public Library.
July 20, 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
July 20, 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM @ Community Room
Needham Free Public Library
This is a drop-in program for preschool aged children 2 years old and up. Adults and children will sing, clap, and enjoy movement songs. Adults are required to attend with the child. Please arrive on time.Funding for Music Enrichment Programs provided by the Friends of the Needham Public Library.
July 20, 7:30 PM
July 20, 7:30 PM @ Charles River Room
July 21, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Craft Room - Children's LibraryNeedham Free Public Library
July 21, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM @ Community Room Needham Free Public Library
Ever since he was a child, Flint Lockwood has dreamed of becom¬ing a great scientist whose inventions would change the world. When he constructs a synthesizer that can change water into food his dream comes true, and as the sky rains down cheeseburgers, pizza, ice cream, and more, Flint finally achieves the adoration and respect he’s always desired. But when the greedy town mayor demands an ever-increasing assortment of cuisine, the machine overloads, bringing down mountains of meatballs and cyclones of pasta. Now it’s up to Flint, his pet monkey, and nerdy weather girl Sam Sparks to save the world from certain extinction by eatables. This is the second of four movies, sponsored by the Needham Free Public Library, in support of the 2017 Build a Better World Summer Reading Program.
July 22, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ Young Adult RoomNeedham Free Public Library
Come and meet people who are interested in the Pokémon Card Game. Exchange cards and build up your decks! This will occur in the Young Adult Room on the second floor, and is sponsored by the Needham Free Public Library.
July 22, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Community Room
For children ages 5-9 years old with Lyn Jekowsky.. Please bring a yoga mat or beach towel and a water bottle.
July 22, 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM @ Craft Room-Children's Dept.
Needham Free Public Library
A Rube Goldberg machine is a way of making a simple task, like knocking over a domino, complicated. Children ages 8 and older can create their own Rube Goldberg machine with Jay Mankita. Bring imagination and inventiveness; all other materials will be provided. **Registration required. Sponsored by the Friends of the Needham Public Library, in support of this summers’ BUILD A BETTER WORLD Summer Reading Program