This is a special COVID-19 update. It does not contain new Needham case numbers as those are updated by the state weekly on Thursdays. The weekly update from the Town will go out as normal on Thursday.
Today, amid rising Covid-19 cases statewide, Governor Baker announced new executive orders rolling back some of the business reopening rules and released new guidance related to indoor and outdoor cases. All the changes take effect Friday, Nov. 6th at 12:01 am.
Statewide Stay-at-Home Advisory
A statewide stay-at-home advisory will take effect Friday. People are encouraged to remain home between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am. There are exceptions for public safety and healthcare providers.
In order to comply with this advisory, between the hours of 10pm and 5am, you must:
- Only leave home to go to work or school, or for essential needs such as seeking emergency medical care, going to the grocery store or pharmacy, picking up take-out food, or receiving deliveries. If you do leave home, practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others and wearing a face covering.
- Not have gatherings in your home with anybody outside of your household.
- Comply with all Governor’s Orders, including orders requiring face coverings, limiting gatherings, and mandating early closure of businesses.
- Practice social distancing and avoid touching surfaces frequently touched by others if you go outside to get fresh air.
- Use remote modes of communication like phone or video chat instead of visiting friends or family.
Businesses and Restaurants
- The Governor’s order requires businesses to close by 9:30 pm. Restaurants may continue offering take-out past 9:30 pm but cannot seat patrons.
- Liquor sales at restaurants, grocery stores and liquor stores must end by 9:30 pm
Face covers are required by anyone over the age of 5 in public indoors or outdoors regardless of ability to social distance.
The Governor’s new orders limit gathering sizes to the following:
- No more than 10 people indoors at private residences
- No more than 25 people gathered outdoors at private residences
- All other limits at event venues remain unchanged.
All gatherings must end by 9:30 pm.