Select Board Meeting Agenda
6:00 p.m. November 23, 2021
Powers Hall & via ZOOM
To listen and view this hybrid meeting on a phone, computer, laptop, or tablet, download the “Zoom Cloud Meeting” app in any app store or at www.zoom.us. At the above date and time, click on “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting or click the link below to join the webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85665097504?pwd=MkcrQ2NEazJIbmFuem1Bc200ZDhwUT09 Passcode: 260655
Or One tap mobile :US: +16465588656,,85665097504#
Webinar ID: 856 6509 7504
6:00 p.m. Public Comment Period
Citizens are encouraged to inform the Office of the Town Manager in advance via email (OTM@needhamma.gov), telephone (781) 455-7500 extension 204, or in person by the end of the business day prior to the meeting of their intent to participate in the public comment period. The Chair will first recognize those who have communicated in advance their desire to speak for up to three minutes. If time allows, others wishing to speak will be recognized in an order determined by the Chair for up to three minutes. The Board’s policy on public participation in meetings can be found here.
1. 6:00 Public Hearing: Eversource Grant of Location: 3 Frances Street
• Joanne Callender, Eversource Representative (Zoom)
2. 6:00 Public Hearing: Change of Manager – Needham Golf Club
• Geoffrey Piva, Proposed Manager (Zoom)
3. 6:10 Director of Public Works
• Sign Notice Traffic Regulation – Chapel Street
4. 6:15 League of Women Voters Study of Needham’s Elected Town Boards and Officers
• Carol Patey, Chair, Needham League of Women Voters
• Karen Price, Former Chair, Needham League of Women Voters
5. 6:45 ARPA Economic Development Proposals
• Katie King, Assistant Town Manager/Director of Operations
• Amy Haelsen, Economic Development Manager
6. 7:00 Joint Meeting with Planning Board
• Paul Alpert, Chair
• Members of the Planning Board (Hybrid)
7. 7:45 Town Manager
• Town Manager Report
8. 7:50 Board Discussion
• Committee Reports
Barry Dulong & Kate Fitzpatrick PPBC User Representative, Ridge Hill Demolition Project
Victor Seidel Needham Golf Course Advisory Committee, Term Exp. 6/30/2024
Corinne Rhode & Dennis Zhang Needham Committee for Arts and Culture, Terms Exp. 6/30/2024
CONSENT AGENDA *=Backup attached
1. Accept a $250 donation from the First Baptist Church in Needham for the Youth & Family Services, Crisis Support Donation Fund.
2. Accept a $700 donation from Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Needham for the Youth & Family Services Department, Foundation for Hospital Art, project.
3. Accept a $400 donation from the Temple Aliyah for the Needham Youth & Family Services Department, Mental Health First Aid program.
4. Authorize the designation of Michelle Vaillancourt as “creator” and Kate Fitzpatrick as “certifier” for the Norfolk County ARPA Grant Program.
5. Approval of application for a new Taxi Services, GoGreenAirportExpress LLC to conduct business in Needham.
6.* Approve and sign Water & Sewer Abatement #1313
Received and Posted by the Town Clerk's Office on November 18th, at 9:40AM