Could you please post a meeting for the Select Board on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 6:45 p.m. at Town Hall, 1471 Highland Ave, Needham. Agenda is below.
November 12, 2019
Needham Town Hall
Note: Agenda subject to revision, start times are approximate and
agenda items may be discussed at earlier or later times.
6:45 Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Select Board will be available between 6:45 and 7:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the Select Board’s Office at (781) 455-7500 extension 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
1. 7:00 Introduce Public Information Officer
• Kate Fitzpatrick, Town Manager
2. 7:00 Public Hearing for the removal of (1) Public Shade Tree at 66 Otis Street, Needham MA
• Ed Olsen, Parks & Forestry Superintendent
3. 7:15 MWRA Grant/Loan Approval
• David Davison, Assistant Town Manager/Finance
• Evelyn Poness, Town Treasurer/Collector
4. 7:30 Pedestrian Safety Audit Public Hearing
• Kate Fitzpatrick, Town Manager
• Rick Merson, Director of DPW
• John Diaz, Greenmann-Pedersen
5. 8:30 Town Manager
• Green Communities Designation Application
• Town Manager Report
6. 9:00 Board Discussion
• Committee Reports
CONSENT AGENDA *=Backup attached
1. Approve the following donations made to the Needham Park and Recreation Commission: $784.61 from Cricket Field Neighbors for a donation to Cricket Field; $1,000 from Middlesex Savings Bank for Arts in the Parks/Children’s Theatre Performances; $50 from Magomed Imakaev for a donation to Rosemary Pool; $25 from Evelyn Wall for a donation to the Trust Fund for Parks; and $50 from Claire Blum for a donation to the Trust Fund for Parks.
2. Approve the following donations made to Needham Youth & Family Services to be used towards future programs in the Youth & Family Services Department: $100 from the Purrington family; $25 from the Farse Family; and 60 from the Schneiderman family.
3. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund: $250 from Ms. MaryRuth Perras, $400 from Edward and Carol De Lemos, and $3000 from JMS Family Foundation, Inc.
4. Accept a $200 donation made to the Needham Health Division’s Substance Prevention Alliance of Needham (SPAN) from the Needham Golf Club.
5.* Approve a One Day Special Wines & Malt Beverages License for Jennifer Howard Schroeder, of the Needham Human Rights Committee, to host an event called “Free At Last Wrongful Convictions” on Friday, November 15, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The event will be held at the Center at the Heights located at 300 Hillside Avenue, Needham, MA.
6. Accept a donation of an AED (automated external defibrillator) at Memorial Park from Needham Flag Football. The defibrillator is valued at $1,408.88.
7. Accept a donation of $1,100 from Rockland Trust Bank for the Needham Lights event on December 7, 2019.
8.* Ratify Veterans’ Day Proclamation
9.* Approve SolarizeMass Plus Banner for use in the Chapel Street Banner Showcase program as administered by the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund. These (5) five banners will be displayed as soon as possible from November through March 2020.
10.* Water & Sewer Abatement Order #1283
11. Grant permission for the following residents to hold block parties:
Name Address Party Location Party Date Party Rain Date Party Time
Ratify- Emily Roach 24 Ellicott St. Hatfield Park 10/20/19 10/27/19 3pm-6pm
Ratify- Kelly Allen 103 Sylvan Rd Oak Crest / Sylvan 10/20/19 N/A 2pm-6pm