6:45 Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Board of Selectmen will be available between 6:45 and 7:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the Selectmen’s Office at (781) 455-7500 extension 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
Veterans’ Day Proclamation
1. 7:00 Zoning Articles/Solar Project
• Lee Newman, Director of Planning and Development
2. 7:10 Solar Project Presentation
• Solar Energy Exploratory Committee
3. 7:50 Mitchell School Modular Classrooms
• Joe Barnes, School Committee Chairman
• George Kent, PPBC Chairman
• Dan Gutekanst, School Superintendent
• Steve Popper, Director of Design and Construction
4. 8:00 Public Hearing-NSTAR
• Deerfield Road
5. 8:05 Hillside School Feasibility Study
• Dan Gutekanst, Superintendent of Schools
6 8:30 Town Manager
• Revised Charge/Traffic Management Advisory Committee (TMAC)
• Water Management Act Compliance
• Positions on Warrant Articles
7. 8:45 Board Discussion
• Committee Reports
8. 8:50 Executive Session Exception 3
1. Youth Commission Kevin Keane (term expires 6/30/2015)
CONSENT AGENDA *="Backup" attached
1. That the Board approve and authorize the Town Manager to sign the Administrative Consent Order between the Town and the Department of Environmental Protection, File No.: ACOP – BO-13-F001-NT.
2. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Off-Leash Dog Area gift account: $20 from Mary Lou Murphy; $100 from Alison Kaufman; $75 from Lynn Shamban; $100 from Parker Rice; $20 from Tanya Shanler; $70 from Maureen Callahan; $25 from Shirley Tracy; $25 from Margaret Dasha.
3. Accept the following donations made to New Years Needham: $1,000 from The Exchange Club of Needham; $250 from Edward Jones; $100 from Nigohsian Carpet; $250 from Needham Bank; $500 from Equity Industrial; $1,000 from Briarwood Healthcare.
4. Accept the following donation made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund from the following resident: $300 from Michael Heffernan.
5. Approve continuation of the experimental Traffic Regulation in accordance with the Needham Traffic Rules and Regulations Section 3-6 for Great Plain Avenue for the period October 17, 2013 to November 16, 2013: one Handicap Parking spot, and one 15 minute Parking spot, in front of the former Eaton Square Right of Way adjacent to MBTA Right of Way.
6.* Authorize the Chairman to designate Moe Handel to cast ballots for Joseph Curtatone, Mayor, City of Somerville and Dennis Giombetti, Chairman, Framingham Board of Selectmen at the MPO election on October 30, 2013.
7.* Ratify a One Day Special All Alcoholic Beverages License request from Michael Despres, of the Village Club to host its Oktoberfest event that was held on Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at the Village Club, 83 Morton Street, Needham.
8.* Ratify a One Day Special All Alcoholic Beverages License request from Michael Despres, of the Village Club to host its Corn Hole Tournament event to be held on Saturday, October 19, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at the Village Club, 83 Morton Street, Needham.
9.* Approve a One Day Special All Alcoholic Beverages License request from Michael Despres, of the Village Club to host a Halloween Party on Saturday, November 2, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at The Village Club, 83 Morton Street, Needham.
10.* Approve a One Day Special All Alcoholic Beverages License request from Suzanne Saevitz of New Year’s Needham to host a NYN Celebration Dance on December 31, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. in Powers Hall at Needham Town Hall, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham.
11.* Approve Minutes from October 8, 2013.
12. Approve a $750 grant from the Needham Commission on Disabilities to the Needham Public Library to purchase popular books on CD to assist with the “Books-By-Mail” program.
13.* Approve a Special Wines & Malt Beverages License request from Lianne Relich, of the Council on Aging to host a Preview Reception on October 30, 2013 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at The Center at the Heights, 300 Hillside Avenue, Needham.
14. Approve request from Rabbi Mendel Krinsky from the Chabad Jewish Center to hold a Menorah lighting ceremony on the Town Common on Monday, December 2, 2013 starting at 4:00 pm. Garrity Way cannot be accessed until 5:00 pm. Rain date to be on Tuesday, December 3, 2013, same time.
15. Accept a donation of a piano from the Congregational Church of Needham to The Center at the Heights. The piano has an appraised value of $7,000.00.
16.* Approve a Special Wines & Malt Beverages License request from Dorothy Mitchell, of Laser Skin Care Solutions to host an open house at the Needham Historical Society, 1147 Central Avenue, Needham on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Revised agenda received and posted by the Town Clerks Office 10/21/13 @ 10:00 AM
Received and Posted by the Town Clerks Office 10/18/13 @ 4:10 PM