Who We Are
The Needham Council on Aging, a town department, is located at The Center at The Heights at 300 Hillside Avenue. In cooperation with other organizations and agencies we are dedicated to serving all residents with aging service issues. Programs and services go beyond the walls of the Senior Center and are provided throughout the community to include health benefits counseling and social services to seniors wherever they reside.
Mission of the Department
The Needham Council on Aging's mission is to respond to its older residents' needs by providing a welcoming, inclusive, and secure environment where individuals and families benefit from programs, services, and resources that enhance their quality of life, and provide opportunities for growth and knowledge.
At The Center at The Heights we are not just about playing cards and doing crafts. There are many activities we offer including:
- Daily lunch sites
- Exercise classes
- Health and Wellness programs
- Life Long Learning classes
- Monthly live entertainment
- Movies on our big screen
Statement of Goals
Based on the mission set in place by the department, the Needham Council on Aging has established these goals:
- To offer and support educational opportunities, workshops, and a range of intergenerational activities designed to meet the social, cultural, recreational, and informational needs of older adults
- To offer and support programs designed to meet the transportation needs of older residents
- To operate a comfortable multi-purpose center for older residents
- To operate an outreach program to identify and assist older citizens and their concerned families and friends in need of services and information
- To provide information regarding programs, services, and opportunities designed to meet the diverse needs of older adults, and to provide referrals for specific help as needed
- To provide opportunities for volunteer service both within the Senior Center and at other community agencies, thereby utilizing the talents, experience, and energy of older residents
- To serve as a model for community affirmation of the dignity, wisdom, and experience of older adults
- To serve as an advocate for issues of concern to older adults
- To support wellness programs, such as exercise classes, clinics, lectures, workshops, and support groups tailored to address the health needs of older citizens
The Needham Council on Aging is a department within the Human Services along with the Youth and Veterans Services.