The Needham Free Public Library and Needham Public Health Announce that the library building will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future. This is an effort to practice social distancing, which helps stop the spread of COVID-19.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP AVAILABLE IN NEEDHAM
Call to request items and information
Ext 502 for Adult/Young Adult requests
Ext 507 for Children’s requests
Ext 201 to inquire about “hold” items
Please give us 2 hours after your call to fulfill curbside pickup requests. We will no longer be calling patrons back to tell you your items are ready to be picked up. Example- If you call to request items at 10 AM, they will be ready to be picked up by 12 PM. We will hold items that are requested over the phone for 2 days (the day you call and the next day) before they are returned to the shelves.
If you've received an email notification about holds for pickup you must call the library to arrange curbside pickup.
The Needham Free Public Library is pleased to announce that additional hours are being added to the Library’s curbside pickup program. The new hours are Monday evening and all day on Saturday. The additional hours will increase the time for pickup from 40 hours a week to 51 hours a week. The new schedule is:
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To request materials for curbside pickup, first check the Minuteman Library Network catalog to make sure that the items you want have a status of AVAILABLE IN NEEDHAM.
Looking for some books and don’t know what you want? Ask for a Book Bundle. Check out the list here!
And don’t forget to take a look at some of our other reading lists which also include e-content when available!
Don’t know what to read? No problem!
The librarians in the Children’s Department have made bundles of books on various topics–superheroes, first in a series, books about the moon, librarian favorites etc... Call the library and request one today! Also a children's book bundle counts as one item!
Please note that readers's advisory and specific bundle requests may take longer.
If you’re looking for some specific recommendations the library has an online form you can fill out. Don't forget to give us your card number!
Please call in at 781-455-7559 ext 507 or email the children’s department neechild @ minlib.net
While we are running some pretty awesome events, Needham isn't the only library running virtual programs right now, some other libraries are also doing cool activities for all ages so take a look!
Note: all dates/times are subject to change so check with the hosting library if you have any questions!
Common Questions and Resource Information
- The book drop is OPEN! The library has opened its book and audiovisual return slots located at the Rosemary Street Parking Lot entrance to the library. Returned materials will be quarantined for 5 days before being checked in. At this time, please do not put donations to the Friends in the return slots.
- Online resources available 24/7 including Novelist* (*requires a library card) A Fiction database that allows readers to search for books, reviews, annotations, and more. It also includes, Author Read-alikes, What We’re Reading, Book Discussion Guides, BookTalks, and Annotated Book Lists.
- Check out our Children’s Activities at Home, free resources for children and adults webpage, with free resources specifically during this time.
- Check our Facebook for updates involving videos, poetry and other activities we are providing during this challenging time.
- An updated edition of Library Notes is available here. Please use the library notes for more specific instructions regarding some of our more popular services such as Libby by Overdrive, Rbdigital, and Tumblebooks, among others
- Fines waived during this time
- No library card will expire until June 15, 2021
- eCards are available if you don't have a library card to access our e-resources! Please sign up using a valid email address. Your temporary barcode and username will be emailed to you.
By the rivers of Babylon
Jane Sandanski - Statue
Poem on a Flower_poem by Tom Evans
Sing a song
Tree with three
Aphrodite of Milos
Before the Bloom