"In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Needham Public Health Division has decided to reduce the cost of permit fees for a few types of applications until June 30, 2021. We understand this year has been particularly tough for many businesses and we hope this helps business in Needham continue to move forward."
In order for a permit or license renewal to be considered by the Needham Public Health Department, it must be:
- (i) submitted with all required documentation and attachments
- (ii) complete AND accurate; and
- (iii) inclusive of payment in full.
Permit and license renewals (which are accurate and complete and which include payment) will be reviewed and approved promptly. The processing time for applications is at least 15 business days, but every effort will be made to review applications promptly and those which are complete and accurate and inclusive of full payment may be processed in less time (potentially substantially less time).
- (i) Delayed License/Permit Renewals are those submitted within 15 business days of permit/license expiration
- (ii) Late License/Permit Renewals are those submitted within 10 business days of permit/license expiration
- (iii) Last-Minute License/Permit Renewals are those submitted within 5 business days of permit/license expiration
Expedited reviews of permit and license renewals may be ordered at the applicant’s discretion to avoid a possible gap in licensure, but that is not required
Non-profit organizations may, upon request and when approved by the Director of Public Health, receive a discount of up to 50% on the applicable fees
- Delayed License/Permit Renewal $50.00
- Late License/Permit Renewal $100.00
- Last-Minute License/Permit Renewal DOUBLE FEE
- Noncompliance Re-inspection $125.00
- Inspection following Noncompliance for Operating without a Permit DOUBLE FEE