The Town's Economic Development Manager is focused on enhancing the commercial and industrial tax base of the town, supporting and maintaining existing businesses, promoting business expansion, attracting new business and exploring opportunities for new business development.
If you are considering locating or expanding your business in Needham, please reach out to Economic Development Manager Amy Haelsen who can help guide you.
For permitting questions, please refer to the Needham Permitting Guide 2012 (PDF).
Council of Economic Advisors
The Council of Economic Advisors was established by the Board of Selectmen in October, 2005. It is charged with six general tasks relating to the promotion of economic development in Needham:
- Study, investigate and appraise town-wide economic conditions and trends.
- Promote, assist and encourage the preservation, development and location of new and existing industry, business, and commerce.
- Assist the Town in attracting the preferred mix of goods, services, housing, recreation, and entertainment in the appropriate districts.
- Make recommendations on improving permitting and licensing functions in the Town.
- Evaluate and advise the Town on ideas for zoning changes that will improve the economic vitality of the Town.
- Advise and make recommendations to appropriate officials, agencies, boards, and Town departments on issues of economic development.
View a list of members of the Council of Economic Advisors.